Saturday, June 23, 2012

Why I Use Facebook for Spreading Libertarianism

The majority of my Facebook friends have several mutual friends who are Ron Pal supporters (or are friends of friends who love Ron Paul/Libertarian content, due to the mutual-friends structure it can get a bit complex), meaning that there is an extremely high probability that the vast majority of my friends on Facebook are receptive to the kind of content I provide.

I have tested this theory for a while, and found that I have gotten a far higher per capita ratio of "likes" and "reshares" from Ron Paul/Libertarian content than I have from personal/non political content back before I was interested in Libertarianism. This is a trend I have continually tested since January of 2012. 

While a minority of friends may not appreciate the content as much, the vast majority are both highly appreciative and interactive, and this helps my content on Facebook ensures that Ron Paul and the liberty movement, and myself by proxy, to have maximal influence on Facebook. Furthermore, since Facebook still enjoys a far greater presence and political influence than Google+ does, it is the best site for the dissemination of my political ideas.

A third reason for using Facebook instead of Google+ as my political awareness platform, is because people on Google+ are far more technically-minded and have already formed their political opinions; additionally, most people are Google+ really don't want to share controversial political ideas, as they are considered to be academically distracting in comparison to the wide range of high quality art, knowledge, news, and opinions that could be shared instead. While it's quite possible to build a good libertarian network on Google+ (Alan LoveJoy does this extremely well, and I applaud him) it takes a lot of experience and knowledge of social marketing that I unfortunately I don't yet have.

As I've achieved critical mass of Ron Paul support on Facebook, it would not be in my best interest to curb my saturation of libertarian/Ron Paul "spam"; if anything, I should further optimize my feed for such posts. If you don't like the "spam", you can add me on Google+ instead, and I guarantee you a great amount of higher quality, predominantly non-Ron Paul content. I would highly recommend this if you didn't add me for Libertarian/Ron Paul content.

No comments:

Post a Comment